Thursday, April 4, 2013

Reading Nails

Nails do reveal a lot about one's health, at least that is what I have been told.
It's just difficult for layman like me to read nails.

I don't ever recall having pretty long nails. I remember as a teenager trying to grow my nails by painting them with nail polishes, only to have them break and split immediately after polishing. I gave up on nail polish long ago. I just thought that I inherited weak nails from one of my parents, and that my gardening work without using gloves caused my nails to break. I accepted the fact that my nails were never going to be pretty.

I recently came across The Gluten Connection by Shari Lieberman at the library and read it. The relationship of gluten to many different illnesses are discussed in this book through personal stories that the author compiled. While reading one story, the person described that not only did all her symptoms clear up, but also her nails had grown for the first time after removing gluten from her diet. I stopped reading, looked down at my nails, and was totally surprised. It has been four months since I have been off gluten, and I can proudly say that I have nails...healthy, strong nails that are pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment