Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blue Cheese and a Huge Thank You

I LOVE blue cheese, always have...even as a little kid. I'm so happy to read that blue cheese IS gluten-free.

I thought I had to give up my blue cheese since I thought it was made from wheat mold. Thank God I have been reading "gluten-free girl and the chef" . It's a wonderful book packed with cooking tips, trivia, yummy recipes, and more.

One very significant piece of information found on page 155 on the Ahern's book is that in 2009 the Canadian Celiac Association conducted tests to different types of blue cheeses from all over the world. The results were NO gluten is found in blue cheese. Thank you Shauna for posting this bit of trivia in your cookbook.

The Ahern's cookbook "gluten-free girl and the chef" is more than a cookbook for those with celiac or gluten intolerance. It's a love story...a very well written and sweet story of their lives together. I'm so happy that my first google blog  search on living gluten-free produced their blog at the top of the search list. Their blog and cookbook are so refreshing, unpretentious, and simple sweet. Thank you Shauna and Danny for sharing! I'm looking forward to reading more of your outstanding pieces of works.

2 comments:

  1. what cheese has gluten? I love blue cheese too. Does roquefort count?
    Cheese is my second fav. food after cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roquefort doesn't have gluten either. All cheeses seems to be clear of gluten, unless the packaging states there is wheat, rye, or barley. So enjoy your cheeses!

    ReplyDelete