Thursday, April 4, 2013

I Liked It!

I would have never thought I had something in common with Elizabeth Hasselbeck, other than being a woman.  I'm not a fan of hers. She's too blonde and conservative for my liking. So, when I came across her cookbook, Deliciously G-Free, at the library, I reminded myself to be impartial and just read the book. Surprisingly, I liked it!  I loved her story about her family, the layout of the book with beautiful photos of yummy looking food, and her suggestions on prepping flour mixes to have readily on hand. It's a simple cookbook, not daunting, for the beginner cook or someone with busy schedule just starting to deal with cooking gluten-free.


Since I had some bananas that were extremely ripe and millet flour on hand, I made the Banana Bread recipe from her book. I liked it! I omitted just one ingredient, the 1/3 cup of water in step three since the batter already seemed very wet and runny.  The brown rice and millet flour blend is a delightful flavor that complements the bananas and walnuts, much better than wheat flour. If you want the recipe, you will just have to borrow the cookbook from the library. Recipe can be found on page 213. Enjoy! Oh, and the blueberry muffins look scrumptious too.


2 comments:

  1. oh no I am blonde too! Does that put me on the Hasselbeck list? I agree with you she is ultra conservative and annoying.

    ReplyDelete