Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes

I recently came up with my own buckwheat pancakes recipe. I took some leftover flour blend from another pancake recipe that I had made earlier and added some buckwheat to make a fluffy pancake. These are yummy!




My own blueberry buckwheat pancake recipe:

1/2 cup Flour Blend*
1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
Fresh blueberries

*Flour blend 3/4 brown rice flour, 1/4 tapioca starch, 1/4 potato starch

Combine flours, baking powder, and salt. Add egg and buttermilk and mix well.
Let sit for at 5 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle or pan. Add a handful of blueberries to top of pancakes. Cook until bubbles form on top. Then flip and cook until just golden brown on bottom. Serve with maple syrup.





No comments:

Post a Comment